DEEPEN YOUR PRACTICE. ADVANCE YOUR TEACHING. UNLEASH THE POSSIBILITIES.
"Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls."
- Joseph Campbell
The community of yoga practitioners has matured. Students are hungry for more information and are placing higher demands of experience, connection, and knowledge on yoga teachers. The premise of our training is that you are already great at what you do. Now, let's get to the next level of your practice and career.
Teach inspiring and highly sought after classes while cultivating a deeper relationship to your yoga. Advance your teaching by curiously delving into the subtleties, advanced knowledge, and refined skills of teaching yoga. This training provides you with a well-rounded spectrum of yoga education by giving you tools to teach skillfully and think critically.
Who is this Advanced training for?
Curious yoga students and teachers who have graduated from a 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training (or related training) and are interested in refining their teaching skills with a community of like-minded yoga enthusiasts. Upon completing this training you can register with the Yoga Alliance to receive your 500 hour RYT credentials.
What makes our 300 hour YTT different?
1. Not a studio
We are focused entirely on yoga teacher development - no distractions. This singular focus allows us to channel all of our energy and passion toward bringing you the best learning and development experience possible.
2. It's about you
Our goal is to support you in further refining your teaching style to become the best, most effective, intelligible, engaging yoga teacher you can be. We want you to leave this training teaching like yourself; not trying to replicate the style of others.
3. Embrace the COMMUNITY
We aim to create a learning community during each of our trainings and workshops. You learn from us, we learn from you, and you learn from each other. We find this to be much more effective than one-way teaching. This approach also encourages the creation of a sustainable learning community - an incredible value to students after graduation.
The course includes the exploration of advanced yoga education to deepen your personal practice, advanced your teaching, and uncover your teaching path. The curriculum is arranged in modular based studies - each module has it's own content specialty and directly relates to other modules for a comprehensive learning experience.
Each module provides you with a full immersion in practice and study of the related topic.
Core Studies of Vinyasa Yoga
- Hands-on assisting foundational and advanced techniques
- Sequencing of Vinyasa Yoga: Structure; single and multiple bell curves; peak poses
- Yoga Sutras and Hatha Yoga Pradipika: Teachings and insights for transformation
- Methodology of Teaching: Subtle and powerful teaching skills for masterful classes
the art of speaking and seeing
- Refinement of communication: Teach to what is present when observing bodies.
- Intentional and creative language using accurate and precise words to keep the flow.
- The art of cueing: Directional, Emphasis, and Relational cues for powerful classes.
- Initial Practicums: Feedback, insights, and development of personal teaching practices
Myths of the Asana, Themes, Sanskrit
- The stories of the asanas - infusing inspirational and educational messages into classes
- Articulation of different philosophical vantage points from the ancient texts
- Practical tools to teach beyond the body with your authentic voice - weaving themes.
- Sanskrit: Language breakdown, names of the asanas, confidently teaching with Sanskrit
Experiential Anatomy Part I
- Language of anatomy functions & structures, concepts of movement
- Musculoskeletal study region by region, debunking common anatomical myths
- Anatomy applied - palpations, posture analysis, assisting labs
- Energetics: Seven main Chakras theories, functions, related asanas
- Energetics: The Vayus - What, why, and teaching energetically informed classes
Experiential anatomy part II
- Anatomy oriented sequencing, anatomy of the breath, understanding common injuries
- Study of the musculoskeletal system continued - function, application, posture analysis
- Energetics of Tantra: Understanding Langana, Brahmana, and Samana
- Energetics: Applications to asana for crafting inspiring and intelligible asana sequencing
Pranayama and Philosophy
- Bhagavad Gita and Upanishad's comparative philosophy applications for modern practice
- The Yoga Sutras unveiled: Deeper studies into Kleshas and key elusive Sutras
- The Koshas: Self-discovery through meditation, pranayama, and personal reflection
- Coupling pranayama, meditation, self-discovery, and asana for comprehensive teaching.
Diversify your audience
- Prenatal and postnatal yoga - methodology and sequencing for the mother
- Principles and practices of restorative yoga and yin yoga
- Creative modifications using chairs, walls, blankets, and props
- Best practices: Establishing trust and security through a personalized approached
Mastery of Teaching
- Living Ethics: Relationships, boundaries, and guidelines for the thriving yoga teacher.
- Business of Yoga: trends, statistics, enrollment, retention, and financial potential
- Sequencing: Presentations of Sequencing applications using advanced Vinyasa principles
- Case Studies: Sequencing for clients using applications of Energetics to Yoga
- Final Practicums: Live teaching and feedback
Classes, workshops, private yoga
- Techniques and skills to teach different levels of classes - beginners to advanced.
- Fluidly and positively manage challenging class scenarios
- Composition and formatting of impactful workshops and events.
- Creating unique and transformational private sessions for individuals and groups
- Your professional identity: Action plans and pathways for a thriving teaching career
uncover your path.
7 Day Intensive
To begin YTT, we meet daily to grow, practice, and experientially learn core studies of advanced training.
Saturday and Sundays only. Modules are themed with specific topic content for our weekend focus.
The training comes to a close with daily practice, hands-on application of studies, & final practicums.
6 ASANA CLINICS
Twelve total clinics, three hours each, taught by guest faculty. Choose & attend any six throughout the program.
In between the monthly modules are required non-contact hours that are completed on your own commitment and schedule. These hours include reading assignments, journaling, teaching, maintaining a consistent asana and meditation practice, and a final project that you develop throughout the course of your teacher training.
DATES + LOCATION
2018 Training with Lindsay Lusignea & Guest Faculty
Module intensives occur on an almost monthly basis. The space between the modules will allow you to return to your daily life and integrate the new information, experience, and inspiration. You will have homework assignments and communications from the YTT Faculty between the modules to help stay inspired and engaged.
710 S. Ann Street, Baltimore, MD 21231. All training intensives, weekends, and asana clinics are held at this location. Parking is available in a nearby garage for $3 per day, or free all day on certain nearby neighborhood streets.
Located in the heart of downtown Fells Point, with water front strolling and easy access to grocery stores, cafes, restaurants, and affordable accommodations for traveling students.
7-day intensive module
2018 DAtes + Module + TEACHER:
April 8-14: "Grow: Core Studies of Vinyasa Yoga" with Lindsay Lusignea
- April 8: Sunday 8:30am - 5:00pm
- April 9-13: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 8:30pm
- April 14: Saturday 8:30am - 5:00pm
7 weekend modules
2018 DATES + MODULE + Teacher
- May 19-20 : "Share: The Art of Speaking and Seeing" with Lindsay Lusignea
- June 9-10 : "Experiential Anatomy Part I" with Chris Jamison and Marley Keller
- July 21-22 : "Inspire: Myths of the Asanas, Themes, Sanskrit" with Lindsay Lusignea
- Sept. 8-9 : "Philosophy and Self-Discovery" with Lindsay Lusignea
- Sept. 22-23 : "Experiential Anatomy Part II" with Chris Jamison and Marley Keller
- October 13-14 : "Expand: Diversify Your Audience" with Lily Dwyer Begg
- December 1-2 : "Create: Classes, Workshop, Private Yoga" with Lindsay Lusignea
- Saturdays 11:00am - 8:00pm
- Sundays 11:00am - 7:00pm
5-Day Intensive Module
2018 Dates + Module + TEACHER:
November 8-12: "Define: Mastery of Teaching" with Lindsay Lusignea
- November 8: Thursday 8:30am - 6:30pm
- November 9-11: Friday - Sunday 8:30am - 8:30pm
- November 12: Monday 8:30am - 6:30pm
6 Asana CLINICS
Electives. Any six required.
2018 ELECTIVE DATES + MODULE + TEACHER:
You are required to attend at least six of the below Asana Clinics. Choose the asana clinics based on dates you are able to attend and topics about which you would like to learn. These workshops are also made available to the public as space allows. Titles, descriptions, the teacher, and registration for the workshop will be available upon acceptance into the Teacher Training.
- April 15, Sunday
- April 29, Sunday
- May 6, Sunday
- June 3, Sunday
- June 16, Saturday
- July 14, Saturday
- August 26, Sunday
- September 30, Sunday
- October 6, Saturday
- October 28, Sunday
- November 4, Sunday
- November 18, Sunday
All Asana Clinic workshop electives are from 2:30 - 5:30pm
COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM. Click on the "Register today" button above or below to complete and submit the online application form.
RECEIVE YOUR ACCEPTANCE LETTER. Once you submit the registration form, you will hear from us within one week with your acceptance into the program including the reading list and details to get started.
COMPLETE YOUR FIRST TUITION PAYMENT. We will also send you a link to complete your tuition balance with either a full payment or your first payment of a $500 deposit.
What does your tuition include? All required modules and six asana clinics by Lead Teacher and Guest Faculty, access to our premiere online Student Portal system, Audio Lectures, 230-page Teacher Training manual, discounts to attend additional asana clinics, discounted benefits on private sessions, workshops, webinars, and Teaching Mentorship during the course of your Advanced YTT. It also includes life-time access to our Online Student Portal and our thriving Alumni community upon graduation.
Additional fees: 6 books required for training, announced upon program acceptance. These books have a combined total under $100 when bought on Amazon.com
- $500 discount
- Register by Oct. 30
- Payment plans available
- $250 discount
- Register by Feb. 15
- Payment plans available
- Normal tuition rate
- Register by Apr. 1
- Payment plans available
Tuition payment plans: We know how valuable this program is and want YOU to be part of it. We also know Yoga Teacher Training is a financial commitment. We want to help. We offer 8 month payment plans for your remaining tuition balance that begin two weeks after you register for the program.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Interested in the program and would like to learn more? Not sure if you are "ready" to begin? Do you have a schedule conflict during this upcoming training? Wondering what the average time commitment is outside of training hours? You're not alone! We have compiled the most frequently asked questions that multiple people ask us multiple times a year.
Our Teacher Training is nationally recognized and registered with the Yoga Alliance.
Upon completion of this program, you can receive your national registration with the Yoga Alliance as a 500 hour Registered Yoga Teacher (500 RYT).
Learn more about the Yoga Alliance by visiting their website.
Do you have questions or dates to discuss about the 300 hour Teacher Training course? Are you interested to register, and would like to meet us first in-person or via a phone call? Fill out the form below and we'll get back to you within two days.