A workshop for everyone
Join Lindsay Lusignea, yoga teacher of teachers and M.S. in Clinical and Counseling Psychology to start your holiday season from your center.
Meditation and mindfulness have been gaining popularity in the world today, yet they are both practices that have been passed down over thousands of years. More people are discovering how these simple skills can have a profound positive impact on their life. This workshop highlights your own natural wisdom and invites you to embrace your whole human experience as it happens, moment by moment with radical acceptance.
This workshop is the perfect and simple method to learn mindfulness and meditation as we cover the basics in a practical and fun way with other members in the community. Enter into your holiday season with more acceptance, happiness, and decreased stress.
In this 3-hour workshop we'll cover:
- Foundations of mindfulness: the 7 key elements of living mindfully
- Mindfulness practices: exercises and techniques of mindfulness that you can use at home and with others
- The what and why of meditation: the origins of meditation's history and today's latest research about it's benefits.
- Meditation practices: demystifying the myths of meditation while learning how to meditation. Discover practical tools to begin or continue with your meditation practice
- Mudras in meditation: using mudras (hand gestures) in your meditation and discovering which ones fit best for you
This workshop includes lecture and experiential techniques, including a 1-hour yoga practice and two guided meditations. You'll leave this workshop feeling grounded and centered within yourself, and prepared to incorporate mindfulness and meditation into your life and with others.
Sanctuary Bodyworks, 710 S. Ann Street, Baltimore MD 21231
What to bring:
Yoga mat, water bottle, notebook and pen
$35 registration before 11/11, $45 registration after 11/11
Yoga teachers receive 3 CEUs for attending this workshop
This workshop is part of the elective workshop series for red lila School of Yoga's 300-hour YTT program, and is open to ALL yoga students in the public to attend!